The Military Secret to Falling Asleep in Two Minutes
Falling to sleep quickly is a skill we’re yet to master.
This three-step method is reportedly used by the US army to help them get some shut eye during situations that aren’t so calming, such as on battlefield.
- Relax all the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes.
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down.
- Spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
- You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
- You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
- You say ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds.
The technique is said to work for a whopping 96 per cent of people after six weeks of practice.