Special Cheesecake Recipe for Creative and Initiative Women
1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- Prepare the brownie batter and pour into greased springform pan. Bake until set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugar until incorporated. Add beaten eggs and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
- Remove brownies and lower oven temperature to 325˚F/170˚C.
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownie bottom, and bake for 50 minutes until set and slightly jiggly.
- Remove cheesecake and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Heat or microwave whipping cream to just before boiling and pour over chocolate chips.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Allow the ganache to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to a baking pan with a wire rack.
- In a circular motion starting from the inside out, pour the ganache glaze over the cheesecake making sure to cover all sides.
- Allow ganache to cool and set for 30 minutes.