Soothe Skin Inflammation with a Baking Soda Mask
Inflamed skin is often caused by unbalanced pH levels and bacteria. This inflammation can result in discolored, puffy, irritated skin that is both unwelcome and uncomfortable. Luckily, getting rid of this redness isn’t as difficult as it may seem. In fact, it only takes three common ingredients to reduce inflammation and restore your natural glow. The three magical ingredients are baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Baking soda helps balance your skin’s pH levels while the apple cider vinegar helps remove bacteria that may have accumulated in your pores. The honey tops off this recipe by removing free radicals deep within the skin.
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir until the baking soda is completely dissolved.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey and mix well.
- Start by washing your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Next, apply the mask evenly to the skin of your face and leave it on for ten minutes.
- Then wash your face again with warm water to remove the dried mixture.
- When the honey is completely removed, rinse your face one more time with cold water to close your pores.
- Finally, pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Use this mask twice a week to naturally fight inflammation and redness.