Newborn Essentials Checklist
As you prepare for the newborn’s arrival, take advantage of other mothers’ experiences to prepare clothes, furniture, and care products that are perfect for the little one.
- Diapers (disposable and reusable)
- Onesies (both long- and short-sleeved): 6 pcs.
- Sleepsuits: 3–5 pcs.
- Rompers: 5–6 pcs.
- A cotton sweater
- A zip-up sweatshirt
- Hats: 2–3 pcs.
- Socks: 6 pairs
- Soft baby booties: 2 pairs
- Anti-scratch mittens: 2 pairs.
- Nursing bras: 2–3 pcs.
- Comfortable nursing nightwear
- Nipple cream to prevent cracked nipples
- Breast pads so your clothes don’t get stained
- A breast pump (if you plan to express your breast milk)
- Baby scales
- A sterilizer for pacifiers and bottles for use during the baby’s first year
- Baby bottles: 6 pcs. Pay attention to anti-colic ones to reduce the amount of air the baby swallows while feeding. The bottles should be made from quality materials that can withstand high temperatures.
- Baby bottle brushes: After each feeding session, thoroughly clean the bottle and remove milk or formula residue.
- A vacuum flask or water heater: they help maintain optimal water temperature for preparing formula.
- Muslin bibs: 4 pcs.
- A nursing pillow.
- A changing table
- Disposable diapers: a few packs. Choose a hypoallergenic brand that works best for you.
- Reusable cotton diapers (optional): a safe alternative for sensitive baby skin prone to allergies.
- Swim diapers: 4 pcs.
- Baby wipes for gentle skin cleansing (with a dispenser, if possible)
- Diaper rash cream
- Cotton pads
- Trash bags.