How to quickly make French toast for breakfast
We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but finding something the whole family can agree on? That’s another story. However, once you know how to make french toast, even your pickiest eaters will become fanatics.
Our super easy recipe for making French toast from scratch takes just minutes, and it means you can get a decadent and sweet breakfast on the table even on the busiest of days.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 8 1-inch-thick slices challah bread
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Yogurt, berries, and pure maple syrup or honey, for serving
- In large, shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Working in batches, place 2 bread slices in egg mixture and let soak 2 minutes (both sides of bread should be totally coated in mixture).
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-low. Once melted, add soaked bread and cook until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread. Serve topped with yogurt, berries, and syrup or honey if desired.