How To Make This Simple Brownie Cheesecake
Normal cakes are tasty and evergreen, yes, but why not take it up a notch with this lovely Chocolate Brownie Fudge Cheesecake? It does sound like a lot of work but it is actually super simple to make and tastes far different from a normal cake, in a positive way! Here are the list of things you will need to nail your first cheesecake attempt:
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Prepare the brownie batter and pour into a greased cake tin. Bake until set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugar until they’re well mixed. Add beaten eggs and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
- Remove brownies and lower oven temperature to 165˚C.
- Pour cheesecake batter over the brownie, and bake for 50 minutes until set and slightly jiggly.
- Remove cheesecake and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Heat or microwave whipping cream to just before boiling and pour over chocolate chips.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Allow the ganache to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to a wire rack with a tray below to collect all the chocolate.
- In a circular motion starting from the inside out, pour the ganache glaze over the cheesecake making sure to cover all sides.
- Allow ganache to cool and set for 30 minutes.