Exfoliate Your Skin with a Coffee Face Mask
Exfoliation is an important part of any beauty routine. It removes dead skin cells, softens your complexion, and tightens pores. But less is often more where exfoliation is concerned. Excessive exfoliation can cause dryness, irritation, redness, and sensitivity. That’s why we recommend exfoliating your face, neck, and chest only once per week. And to make this process easier here’s a simple exfoliating coffee face mask that works wonders!
- Coffee grounds
- Brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup of coffee grounds and ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Add ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir well until the dry ingredients dissolve into the oil and you’ve created a paste.
- Start by washing your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- Scoop a bit of the mask mixture with your fingers and gently rub it on your forehead for twenty seconds.
- Scoop a bit more and gently rub it on your nose for an additional twenty seconds.
- Continue applying the paste to the other parts of your face.
- Be sure to rub for twenty seconds before moving to the next area.
- When you’ve covered your entire face with the coffee mask, let it sit for five minutes.
- Then, wash your face with warm water and dry your face with a soft towel.