Cucumber Diet: How to Lose 5 Pounds in a Week Without Starvation

Cucumber diet is considered to be one of the most effective among the express diets. It can help you easily lose from 2 to 5 kilograms per week.

Despite its name, the diet menu includes not only cucumbers. Although they make up 80% of the total diet, the remaining 20% can be supplemented with other products: tomatoes, eggs, kefir, fish, a small amount of white meat, fruit (provided that they will fit into the daily calorie limit).

The cucumber diet is the lowest-calorie diet – only 16 kilocalories per 100 grams! The permissible caloric threshold for weight loss is 1100-1200 per day. You should eat at least one and a half kilograms of cucumbers during five meals each day. At the same time, you can make salads with greens and a spoon of vegetable oil, also boil or bake chicken or fish. The only condition is no salt!

As you can see, you will not have to starve, but willpower is needed. Although cucumbers satisfy hunger, they are 90% made of water, which means that satisfaction is temporary. Therefore, the last meal should be no later than 21:00.

In addition, before switching to the cucumber diet, make sure that you do not have contraindications. These include: kidney problems, peptic ulcer, increased acidity of the stomach, colitis, problems with the cardiovascular system.

Source: PeopleTalk