Cookie Recipes for Lazy Cooks
If you do not like to spend much time in the kitchen, consider adding these two cookie recipes to your cookbook. The perfect taste is guaranteed. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Flourless Cocoa Cookies
Ingredients for 22 cookies:
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- One and quarter cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Quarter teaspoon fine sea salt
- One and half teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Maldon salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs.
- Sift together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the eggs, whisking until the mixture forms a smooth batter, about 1 minute. The batter will be very thick and sticky.
- Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to portion the batter onto the prepared baking sheets – stagger the cookies. Sprinkle a little Maldon salt on each cookie.
- Bake the cookies 10 to 12 minutes.
Ingredients for 18 cookies:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- powdered sugar for coating
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and whisk in the sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and egg yolk, mixing to combine, then whisk in vanilla and lemon extracts, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. If needed, use your hands to bring together the dough. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll it in the powdered sugar, coating completely. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.