Coconut Cookies for Sweets Lovers
Are you a sweets lover? These coconut cookies are perfect for you. Here is the recipe.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each into a 6-in.-long log. Wrap in plastic; freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices, reshaping as needed. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes.